Good post Turquoise,

I live in a pueblo of 150,000 people with a beautiful climate, good economy (no
extreme poverty) and low prices, and am one of only 3 persons from the U.S.
(who were born in the US).  It causes a lot of attention to be focused on me,
but that is mostly a good thing because these people are not nearly so racist
fearful and hating as I knew people in all parts of the US to be.  The extra
dose of attention that I get from people is a tool that helps me to refine my
senses of what is really real of the invisible spiritual energetic world, which
I am doing completely on my own with my own personal experience, after years of
simply reading and hearing the words of others.  And that are the lines of
attention which are the basis of all of our awareness, but first of all
recoginzed in common situations, like when one feels that another is looking at
them, and through subtle analysis can be discerned the thoughts and life
experience of others.

As far as all the talk about following others, and worrying about what so and
so organization would feel about it, it all seems so juvinile and limited that
I can't imagine how any of those people are fufilling their prime objective,
which is to pay honor to their personal spirit and intuition of what to do and
when.  One should be more like a pirate and do things for personal objectives,
and so long as one is not hurting anyone, to hell with anyone who would tell us
to otherwise.  Anything is worth a try, but don't place yourself in a trap
which is purely for the benefit of others.  Nobody else is going to make you
enlightened.  If you can't do it on your own and put it in your own unique
words based only on personal experience, that is to rightly claim the knowlege
and take credit for it, then it can't be of much value.

BTW, don't waste your attention worrying about the world.  It's going to hell
in a handbasket and to think that one can do anything substantial about it is
masturbating in self importance, which is what the Maharishi was doing.  That
is why he was half blind to energetic realities.