Well the birthplaces of Presidents are ussually regarded as national monuments.
Even actors and other famous peoples birthplaces are celebrated. And of course
noone knew at the time of their births they would later be famous. I would
imagine the local doctors and others who might have been present to have
checked their hospital records to see if they might have been the ones to claim
the honor of assisting in the birth of a future president. It seems highly
suspicious to me that all Obama's private records have been sealed. With the
sole exception of the certificate of live birth. Why the secrecy if there is
nothing to hide?

 I understand the story has changed about even which institution he was born at
in Hawaii. I also heard - but have not seen written anywhere - that there is a
record confirming that his mother tried to fly to Hawaii but was turned away
because she was too close to giving birth. So she flew immediately after giving
birth and registered the birth with newspapers which allegedly was possible at
the time without requiring a birth certificate.   There's enough uncertainty
here I think to justify asking to see the long form birth certificate.

There are at least two other legal issues as well. One about whether his mother
had been in the US for five years prior to age 19 in order for Obama to claim
US citizenship.