Tone in writing is never certain -- one can always read a post or essay in a
variety of different tones  -- each having a different inflection of meaning.
The tone we hear is often, it seems, reflective of what we would intend in
writing such words.

This may be particularly true when words, in themselves, are amped up, a
characteristic, perhaps talent, that edg displays. When words in themselves are
amped up, I tend to read tone in a way I would deliver such a message. Which
may have nothing to do with the writer -- only my own inner dynamics. As an
exercise, more for fun, I often try to read the same post in several different,
opposing, or variant tones. Its quite amazing how different the message is --
from the exact same words.

Everything is a reflection of ourselves -- certainly true in ordinary
consciousness.