Yes very much like Suzanne Seagal. It's there in Maharshi's discourse,
but it is more overt in Buddhist literature.

I found her story very interesting but also quite funny. Apparently some
people didn't listen when he was describing the transition from TC
into CC in terms of subjective experience. "Oh, I will be expanded
into unbounded consciousness" must have been her thought, and shows
she definitely did not listen and had no clue. The futility of looking
for an I to keep for a reference was highlighted by MMY a number of
times.

She also had a very intense attachment to her Jewish identity, something
I found hilarious. The continual need to search out such an
"identify" to make sure it was still findable caused her lots of
suffering, all of it self induced.

>From Reb Yonnasan Gershom's book, Beyond the Ashes, I learned just
how crystallized a Jewish identity could be … circulating across
many life times just to keep itself intact.

Bullshit karma but at last she gave it up, realized the illusion and
worked to help other people.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter L Sutphen
<drpetersutp...@...> wrote:

> Yes very much like Suzanne Segal. It's there in Maharshi's discourse,
but it is more overt Buddhist literature.

> Peter
>

> On Aug 8, 2010, at 10:58 PM, "emptybill" emptyb...@... wrote:
>

> > "Oh, you are talking about me! Yes, in 1986 I was on the rebound
because my poor "I" was utterly missing."

> > Thus spake Suzanne Segal.
> >
> > "I had to read a lot of Buddhist literature to figure out what was
going on."