--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pall <thomas.pall@...> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 6:30 AM, blusc0ut <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> > As we know, Maharishi called the transcendence occuring in TM 'hazy' or
> > relative himself, as they are quick dips inside, certainly pleasant and
> > refreshing IME, but I wouldn't call it transcendence anymore.
> >

> Not he didn't.  He referred to unclear transcending because of fatigue "hazy
> transcending".  Otherwise you've got clear transcending.

No, not true. The argument was, that as long as there is stress in the nervous
system, the transcending couldn't be completly pure, it was somewhat 'hazy',
this was contrasted with the one Big Transcending, when you finally enter CC,
and all stress would have been dissolved.

> I assume hazy
> transcending is when you don't know when you've transcended or not.  For me
> clear transcending is when I drop out of sight for seconds to hours, no
> mantra, no thought, no sense of having been asleep, no sense of waking up.
> I've transcended from seconds to almost a full 24 hours on the weekend.
> Being gone for up to 24 hours is disconcerting.  It puts me out of sync with
> my normal life and schedule.

Well, that sure sounds impressive. What is with bliss? You have bliss while
transcending, or no perception at all. To me, most of TM transcending is mental
laya, it is not even the opening of the soul (atma) which is in the heart. I
transcended many times in TM without experiencing the soul. Once you realize
that, you see that it is different. This is what Ramana Maharshi talks about,
when he wants people to direct attention to the I-I in the heart.