--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2011, at 5:11 AM, sparaig wrote:

<snip>
> >> That you didn't reach that depth and clarity and length
> >> of time of transcending when you were practicing TM
> >> doesn't mean, as you keep claiming, that TM *cannot*
> >> lead to such experience.
> >
> > Nor does it need to.
> >
> > My transcending time is better than yours is not integral
> > to TM-theory in the first place.
>
> Well it would mean some are reaching the "bottom" of the
> ocean (TC) in the bubble diagram, and others are only
> 'blanking out' at one of the subtle waves towards the
> bottom, in a laya (Non-TC).

Um, no, it wouldn't.

What it means is that any degree of transcending (in the
sense of increasing mental quietness) results in the
release of stress, even if one never reaches TC-by-itself,
or if one experiences TC-by-itself only in short dips.

"Blanking out" is a red herring, a non sequitur (almost
certainly deliberate, intended by Vaj to introduce
confusion).

Lawson is entirely correct. I'd considered making this
same point myself, but I figured he was sure to pop in
and make it somewhere along the line.