On Mar 5, 2011, at 8:05 PM, sparaig wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

>>> If you think its not OK, then you have missed the point. As MMY points out,
>>> at least according to HIS theory, you can fail to "transcend" (no thoughts
>>> no mantra) every time you meditate until your last meditation before
>>> enlightenment, and you're still doing just fine.
>>
>> I'd say that's a pretty shakey theory. It sounds more like a sales point.
>>
>> The pranic body (TMer trans.: "nervous system") doesn't refine ("release
>> stress") unless one actually transcends.
>>
>> But of course relaxing isn't bad for you, so there's a minor (nap-like)
>> benefit...
>>

> /shrug. First we can't be really transcending unless it is the same kind of
> thing you talk about, now its since we're not really transcending, we can't
> be getting any significant benefit.

No, that's not what I'm saying. Very few people will naturally transcend the
breadth of mind without either a natural pre-propensity (purva-punya, good past
life cred) or just happen to stumble on the state through alternate nostril
pranayama or other "accident". Then, when the sun and moon flows evenly, the
karmic impediments drop away, the karmic faucet is turned off. Hey, then
anything can happen.

> I guess, eventually, it will be "no-one has ever become enlightened due to
> their TM practice..." A

Fret not Lawson, there's Bevan Morris and Robin Carlsen, they're both MMY
certified Big E and still alive.