Agreed Sal. None of these spiritual movement starters claims to be a medical
doctor, a lawyer, a financial planner (lol), or anything except someone who
purports to take us from A to B, assuming we want to take such a journey,
whatever that might be. They derive all of their power from those they attract.
It is very much cafeteria style. Time to pick and choose carefully, or not at
all.

The world is a smaller place now too (FFL is a good example of that). The
mystic holy man from the east type of thing doesn't have the automatic allure
and charisma about it that it once did. With all of the choices out there for
spiritual growth today (including none of the above), there's very little
likelihood anybody is going to get swept up into the guru's fold these days
without an already strong commitment vs. approaching it casually.