--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Yifu" <yifuxero@...> wrote:

> Right! Looks to me that Vaj hates TM, for one reason or another. (re:
> somebody else's comment that he doesn't hate it).
>
>  Why?, possibly, out of jealousy.

        I doubt that.  I still do TM, but really, what's to be jealous of about
TM or the TMO?  Lot's of nasty stuff coming out about MMY and the org - and
much poor quality research.  An organization in which the average age is
continuing to rise since few new people learn.  Many more people are interested
in Buddhism and various mindfulness techniques these days - it is much more
mainstream than TM and has many really together  scientists and therapists
advocating for it, and doing so while speaking plain old English without TM
like jargon.  They teach mindfulness in hospitals nationwide.

        I think Vaj genuinely believes that TM, MMY and  the siddhis are not
legit in the sense that the tradition from which MMY came does not honor MMY,
there is no understanding of how to help someone grow if they encounter some
difficulties, and he thinks the whole technique is suspect.  He seems to feel
that TM can produce some significant problems for many people - and it may be
having people close to him seriously injured while doing TM that is motivating
him.

       However, some of what he objects to in TMO is the same crap that you
find in just about any spiritual organization, including Buddhism.   It's the
nature of the beast and of human nature. Power, sex, money, groupies, needing
to convince others of your way, idealizing the teacher and putting your own
common sense on hold, etc etc. And he sometimes compares TM with Buddhism when
the comparison can't be made - since he holds up Buddhism as the template and
then points out where TM doesn't measure up.

Also, his actions are inconsistent with Buddhism since according to the
"Expedient Means" chapter of the Lotus Sutra, Buddhists should use any
expedient means to assist people in getting extricated from the clutches of
material existence. TM is simply another expedient means, which people are not
forced to practice; nor are people forced to take the Ayurvedic products.