--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:
> Is that so ? Where is that "abundant evidence" ?
> Some films have been produced to try to disgrace Sai Baba, a campaign to try
> to blackmail Him for money.
> A very common tactic in one of the most corrupt countries on earth.
>
> But on FFL noone cares about facts as long as Great Beings are portrayed in a
> bad ligh.
> Just ask Rick.

I can't speak to the pedo stuff but I can state as a fact that I have seen
videos of him doing stage magic and passing it off as miracles. If you are
trained in stage magic you actually see him doing the moves.  That doesn't make
any case for him being a deviant but it sure makes him a disreputable,
dishonest person. I don't know how anyone can counter argue that it really IS a
miracle once this has been exposed.

Since this information is commonly available I am amazed that people have the
ability to keep up the pretense that he was a special guy.  I do understand the
mindset a bit.  There is no amount of evidence that will change some people's
mind.  I was stuck there about Maharishi.

I believe that people can function in different interesting ways and of course
we don't have much information at all about variations of the human mind.  But
I have come to the conclusion that the least likely place to find an
extraordinary mind will be among the self described spiritual people.  Now I am
working backwards from people doing extraordinary things as evidence of them
being special.  Not the fanciful miracles but exceptional abilities that I
share the ordinary range of.

And guys like Sai Baba understood this way of looking at the evidence of
specialness first before listening to them telling you how special they are.
The problem was that his evidence was fraudulent.  Simple as that.  But he was
playing on a human tendency to want proof.  Or more likely the human tendency
to want to believe that proof had been given without doing the humbling heavy
lifting to really test the idea.  Crack a 10 year old kid's magic book.  Watch
the films.  Realize that your search for a special person must go on and you
have more work to do to find someone unique.