-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Good advice but he can´t.
> For him, Rick, Curtis, Barry et al. it´s in their blood. Their fear of
> someone actually having achieved enlightenment, not to mention the status of
> an Avatar is total.
>
> It´s probably their biggest paranoia in life to one day wake up to be
> confronted with the simple fact that they wasted their time while others
> became free.

I was surprised to see you include Rick in that list Nabby.  I mean the guy
created a massive project devoted to  giving a voice to people who claim to
have achieved a higher state.  I can't think of anybody less afraid of the idea
that someone achieved
"enlightenment".  Maybe your beef is that Rick has also presented information
that may lead a person to conclude that with or without any higher states, guys
like Maharishi can do disreputable things.  Is it the tarnishing of any aspect
of the perfection persona that you object to?

As far as I go (I'll bet Barry will speak for himself) I don't see any evidence
that anyone is becoming "free".  Quite the opposite.  It seems to me that your
lack of ability to even acknowledge obvious facts about these guys, (like Sai's
Mr. Magic Show right out of the box) leads me to believe that your ability to
separate fact from fantasy is highly impaired.  You are on equal footing with
Christians who claim that they are saved and you and me are not.

Now the wasting time aspect is interesting.  I can't say that you are wasting
you time pursuing ideas and beliefs that obviously give you a lot of happiness.
 I sincerely believe you are misguided, but hell, we all make our choices of
what to pay attention to and what to ignore in life.  But I am no more afraid
of making a mistake not following your bread crumbs than you are about
rejecting the Christians who believe as sincerely as you do that you are dammed
to an eternity in hell.

My freedom, and what I had been pursuing under the umbrella name of
"enlightenment", came when I dropped the beliefs you hold so dear.  It allowed
me to find my self in the world, what I used to call dharma.  And the joy it
has given me is complete.  It was exactly what I had been looking for all
along.

So I can be happy for you that you found what makes you happy.  Can you do the
same for me? None of us got an owner's manual for this life.  We are all
pilgrims finding our way.  If I met you in person and clocked your beliefs you
would probably never know that I am skeptical about those beliefs.  Interacting
on a board like this makes the usual barriers of respect between people harder.
 That is a plus and a minus.  In fact in person in a social setting I would
love to wind you up and get you talking about your beliefs.  They fascinate me.
 And then you would tool off believing that you had made another convert, and I
could go on interviewing another cellmate in the human zoo.