> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ravi Yogi" <raviyogi@> wrote:
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"

> > > You opinion of what Eastern spirituality is BS.
> >
> > Your opinion of my opinion is BS.
> >

> Whatever dude, it's the oldest trick - if you have to sell something you need
> to make others stuff look bad. You may be proud of it, sorry for stating the
> obvious.

I'm not selling anything. I stated an opinion based on my observations of
having lived in FF for almost 29 years. In the TM world, enlightenment is
always this exalted state of future perfection that requires endless years of
doing program twice a day. The TM model of tiptoeing around sleeping elephants
perfectly demonstrates the TM world escapism of not being here now and directly
addressing what is. A few years ago, the Hare Krishnas paraded around the
farmers market, handing out pamphlets. I looked at one, and it was all about
how we need to be celibate vegetarians and chant the maha-mantra so that we can
have better lives in future incarnations. Other traditions are focused on
cultivating futures full of esoteric experiences, rainbow bodies, states of
samadhi, etc. Which is not to say that self-improvement is wrong, but it can be
every bit an awakening-obstructing attachment as sex, food, drugs, money, etc.