--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <geezerfreak@...> wrote:

> Well put Alex. I started to fade on the idea in the late 70s after 6 or 7
> years of hearing that the "next big course" was the one, the big one, the one
> that will really put you over. I went full tilt at it for as long as I could,
> but man, am I ever glad I took my foot off the imaginary spiritual
> accelerator pedal and refocused my life on the things that really bring
> pleasure to me, like capturing music.
>
> That's not to say I dislike TM. I do it every morning for one reason only. It
> feels good and I like it.

But why even TM or any other meditation? Isn't that an addiction? I'm glad I
never meditated as in sitting and closing eyes not out of a lack of trying. I
tried chanting and meditating in the past and it only made me sleep more. Only
something dynamic works for me since I'm so lethargic. I listen to my music,
sing and dance and get blissed out everyday and then wonder sometimes if it's
addiction. I really don't need it but I feel it expresses the depth of feeling
well, of course I just have fun talking and communicating with others as well,
often I get too blissed out just talking, more so it's an attractive woman and
during work or even doing nothing. So I know my music's not an issue.