--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <babajii_99@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "at_man_and_brahman"
> > <at_man_and_brahman@> wrote:
> > >
> > [...]
> > > * RC, who was in a temporary false unity, rather than THE WHOLE THING,
> > > THE REAL THING, and Maharishi was incapable of distinguishing between the
> > > two, which raises its own questions
> >
> > DID MMY declare that RC was in Unity, or simply that his experiences of UC
> > were valid?
> >
> > Seems to me that MMY covered his behind pretty well about "the real thing"
> > claim by claiming that only if you could perform any and all of the siddhis
> > perfectly, on demand, could you justify making the claim that you were
> > truly in UC (or at least perfect CC or whatever... nods to Vaj).
> >
> > Lawson
> >
> No one can perform any of the sidhis on demand...the sidhis come when needed
> by nature...
> Maharishi himself could not perform the 'flying sutra'...this has nothing to
> do with enlightenment...

FWIW, according to Patañjali, doSa-biija-kSaya
(defect/bondage-seed-destruction; conditio sine
qua non of kaivalya?) depends on ones being virakta
towards the supreme(?) siddhi, omnipotence (sarva-bhaava-adhi_SThaatRtvam:
supremacy [adhi_SThaatRtvam] over all [sarva]
forms and states of existence[bhaava]) and omniscience
(sarva-jñaatRtvam)!

tad-vairaagyaad api doSa-biija-kSaye kaivalyam.

I think it's impossible to know for sure whether one is non-attached
to those two 'omnis' unless one has "experienced" them!

YMMV, of course...