--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "at_man_and_brahman"
> <at_man_and_brahman@> wrote:
> >
> [...]
> > * RC, who was in a temporary false unity, rather than THE WHOLE THING, THE
> > REAL THING, and Maharishi was incapable of distinguishing between the two,
> > which raises its own questions
>
> DID MMY declare that RC was in Unity, or simply that his experiences of UC
> were valid?
>
> Seems to me that MMY covered his behind pretty well about "the real thing"
> claim by claiming that only if you could perform any and all of the siddhis
> perfectly, on demand, could you justify making the claim that you were truly
> in UC (or at least perfect CC or whatever... nods to Vaj).
>
> Lawson

No one can perform any of the sidhis on demand...the sidhis come when needed by
nature...
Maharishi himself could not perform the 'flying sutra'...this has nothing to do
with enlightenment...
Even in enlightenment the 'ego' has to be checked...
Many people have had glimpses of enlightenment, and then, something happens to
bring the ego back into play...
In Robin Carlson's case, his ego became so exploded that he became
unenlightnened...
This is a very common experience...
If the only claim to fame he has that Maharishi once said that he was having
experiences of enlightenment, this is no big deal....
It would be stupid to buy any of his wordy remarks as he is still very much
absorbed in his ego...
The ego must be completely transcended in enlightenment, and it must be
continued to be checked as the power of the attatchments to this world are
always nipping at your toes...