--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wgm4u" <wgm4u@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <babajii_99@> wrote:
> >
> > > From what I heard, M told the Mother Divine course, that Om (Aum) was not
> > > to be used as a mantra, as it's use would cause you to lose everything
> > > you had, to lose your wealth...
> > > So, in any reading of the Vedic Literature which Mother Divine used, that
> > > contained the sound Om (Aum) would be avoided, or taken out of the
> > > reading...
> > > Just what I heard...
> >
> > MMY believed OM was a recluse Mantra only and did not recommend it for the
> > householder. I believe he blamed the poor of condition of India on the
> > passive inducing OM mantra, although the pundits always start their
> > chanting with OMmmm...
>

> Did you meet a wealthy Pundit, ever ?

"Om" is the Mantra for the Sanyasi. The Sanyasi repeats "Om" "Om" "Om". It is
given to him at the time of 'Sanyas - Diksha', at the time when he has
completely renounced attachment to the world. Renunciation and detachment
increase with the repetition of 'Om'. 'Om' is chanted aloud by a Sanyasi to put
on end to his desires. Desires are destroyed by loudly chanting the mantra
'Om'. And if there is any desire deeply rooted in the mind of a Sanyasi, the
chanting of 'Om' will result in the destruction of the object of such desire in
order to make the Sanyasi, wholly desireless. The Sanyasi thus attains Peace
through the renunciation and destruction of desires, whereas the peace comes to
the householder when his needs are satisfied, when his desires are fulfilled.
The mantras for the householders have the effect of fulfilling the desires.

If unfortunately, the householder begins to repeat the pranava Mantra viz.
'Om', 'Om' 'Om' he experiences destructive effects in his material life. The
effect starts with monetary loss and then goes on to destroy objects of
affection, one by one. Such a man, when he finds loss of money and separation
from the dear ones, he is reduced to utter peacelessness and frustration. Where
is the chance of spiritual development or experience of Peace and happiness for
such a dejected soul? The path of peacelessness and misery in the world, cannot
lead to Eternal happiness. If the man is proceeding towards Eternal happiness
every day he should feel the increase of peace and happiness, and this alone
will assure him that he is proceeding towards abiding peace and eternal
happiness. If you walk towards the light you should be able to feel the
increase of light at every step. If you are spending some time in devotion to
God, you should feel peace and happiness in life. If you are not feeling peace
and happiness you should be wise enough to doubt the correctness of your
devotion, you should be wise enough to think that your method of devotion is
wrong, that the Mantras that you are repeating do not suit you. The mantras
that suit the Sanyasis can never suit the householders. Hundreds of God-loving
and God-fearing families, have been ruined due to the destructive effects of
Sanyasa Mantra viz. "Om". "Om" destroys desires and also destroys the objects
of desires and therefore it produces calmness of mind and renunciation and
detachment from material life only to Sanyasis when they repeat Om; to them it
brings the experience of peace of mind and from this experience they generally
recommend the chanting of 'Om' to their followers. But when a householder
repeats 'Om', he experiences that as long as he is repeating 'Om' he feels
peace of mind, but when he comes out to indulge in business or household work,
he finds he finds that the air is against his desire and schemes. The silencing
effect on the mind and destructive effects in material life, both are lived
side by side. Some people say that we should ignore material life in regard to
the devotional practices and Mantras. But this is a fool's ideology. Can you
possibly ignore the considerations of material life, when the Mantras do affect
it?
(BEacon Light)