Seems to be a never ending discussion...
thanks  "wgm4u" for the reminder and MMY continues in accordance with
Guru Dev's teaching :
Do not live in a fool's paradise.
"Select a path which will make you happier in your material life also.
Do not live in a fool's paradise. Do not think that your sufferings end
miseries of today will work as reservations in the galleries of heaven
for tomorrow. Be peaceful and happy in the present and try to make this
state permanent. This is the path of Deliverance in Life Jeevan-Mukti,
the most exalted state in human existence, the state of abiding Peace
and Eternal Bliss. And this you are entitled to have through correct and
suitable Sadhana. And because the Mantras play an important role in the
field of Sadhana, you must be very very careful in the selection of the
Mantra. The theory of Mantras is the theory of sound. It is most
scientific and natural. Ladies should never repeat any Mantra beginning
with Om. The pronunciation of Om is like fire to the ladies. This is the
practical experience of many devoted ladies who repeated 'Om Namah
Shivaya' or 'Om Namonarayanaya' or 'Om Namo Bhagwate Vasudevaya' or any
such mantra beginning with Om. It cannot be God's wish that you should
suffer in your devotion to him. Do not cling to the unhelpful Mantras.
The moment you find you have got into the wrong train, it is wise to get
down from it as soon as possible. It is foolish to stick on to the wrong
train and go wherever it takes you.
I hold that the devotees of the Almighty God should not suffer at all.
'That is the fundamental condition of the path to Eternal Bliss. I hold
that bliss or happiness should increase at every step till we get into
the realm of eternal happiness. I hold that the devotees of the god
should enjoy peace and happiness at every stage, because he is the
fountain head of all peace and happiness. It cannot be that our march
towards the light should at any stage increase the darkness before us.
The march towards the Anant Anandam must give the experience of increase
of Anandam at every step and in every walk of life.
The devotee of the Almighty cannot suffer. If he is found to suffer, he
cannot be said to be a devotee of God. lt pains me when I find people
suffering in the name of God and devotion. I offer an open invitation to
such aspirants and seekers of God. I invite them to come out of their
miserable devotion, and step into the peaceful blissful chambers of
Sadhana, blessed and illumined by the divine radiance of Shri Guru Deva.
I invite them to put an end to their sufferings and peacelessness and
crown their day to day life with success peace and joy. Do not waste
time and life. Life is to enjoy. So come on to the field of all joy. The
gates of all glories of life are open for you. "Make hay when the sun
shines". Avail the opportunity in hand and enjoy life to the fullest.?
see
http://www.paulmason.info/gurudev/Beacon.htm
and Guru Dev's (Shankaracharya Swami Brahmananda Saraswati) similiar
view/advise....
but let's ask Preacher Buck [:D]
BTW
another story is the experience of "Shunyākāsha"and this
beautiful transcendental combination of A-kāra, U-kāra, and
Ma-kāra.
  IMHO(E)

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wgm4u" <wgm4u@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 no_reply@ wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wgm4u" <wgm4u@> wrote:
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <babajii_99@>

(Aum) was not to be used as a mantra, as it's use would cause you to
lose everything you had, to lose your wealth...
used, that contained the sound Om (Aum) would be avoided, or taken out
of the reading...

> > > MMY believed OM was a recluse Mantra only and did not recommend it
for the householder. I believe he blamed the poor of condition of India
on the passive inducing OM mantra, although the pundits always start
their chanting with OMmmm...

> > Did you meet a wealthy Pundit, ever ?
>

> "Om" is the Mantra for the Sanyasi. The Sanyasi repeats "Om" "Om"
"Om". It is given to him at the time of 'Sanyas - Diksha', at the time
when he has completely renounced attachment to the world. Renunciation
and detachment increase with the repetition of 'Om'. 'Om' is chanted
aloud by a Sanyasi to put on end to his desires. Desires are destroyed
by loudly chanting the mantra 'Om'. And if there is any desire deeply
rooted in the mind of a Sanyasi, the chanting of 'Om' will result in the
destruction of the object of such desire in order to make the Sanyasi,
wholly desireless. The Sanyasi thus attains Peace through the
renunciation and destruction of desires, whereas the peace comes to the
householder when his needs are satisfied, when his desires are
fulfilled. The mantras for the householders have the effect of
fulfilling the desires.

> If unfortunately, the householder begins to repeat the pranava Mantra
viz. 'Om', 'Om' 'Om' he experiences destructive effects in his material
life. The effect starts with monetary loss and then goes on to destroy
objects of affection, one by one. Such a man, when he finds loss of
money and separation from the dear ones, he is reduced to utter
peacelessness and frustration. Where is the chance of spiritual
development or experience of Peace and happiness for such a dejected
soul? The path of peacelessness and misery in the world, cannot lead to
Eternal happiness. If the man is proceeding towards Eternal happiness
every day he should feel the increase of peace and happiness, and this
alone will assure him that he is proceeding towards abiding peace and
eternal happiness. If you walk towards the light you should be able to
feel the increase of light at every step. If you are spending some time
in devotion to God, you should feel peace and happiness in life. If you
are not feeling peace and happiness you should be wise enough to doubt
the correctness of your devotion, you should be wise enough to think
that your method of devotion is wrong, that the Mantras that you are
repeating do not suit you. The mantras that suit the Sanyasis can never
suit the householders. Hundreds of God-loving and God-fearing families,
have been ruined due to the destructive effects of Sanyasa Mantra viz.
"Om". "Om" destroys desires and also destroys the objects of desires and
therefore it produces calmness of mind and renunciation and detachment
from material life only to Sanyasis when they repeat Om; to them it
brings the experience of peace of mind and from this experience they
generally recommend the chanting of 'Om' to their followers. But when a
householder repeats 'Om', he experiences that as long as he is repeating
'Om' he feels peace of mind, but when he comes out to indulge in
business or household work, he finds he finds that the air is against
his desire and schemes. The silencing effect on the mind and destructive
effects in material life, both are lived side by side. Some people say
that we should ignore material life in regard to the devotional
practices and Mantras. But this is a fool's ideology. Can you possibly
ignore the considerations of material life, when the Mantras do affect
it?