On Oct 10, 2011, at 11:56 AM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

He is anti-Maharishi for deep reasons of commitment to the path as he understands it. Maharishi's fraudulence really bugs him.It is fascinating. That is so different from my own take on Maharishi. I also believe he was a fraud in the "tradition" (obnoxious air quotes here) but because I don't recognize any "tradition" (Yup, I actually put my fingers up again) as an expert in the human mind, I don't care as much.

I wouldn't say I'm anti-Maharishi, what bugs me is that there is a set of people who are interested in solely perpetuating an air- brushed and false history as fact, and suppressing his actual history. I'd much rather see the truth than fiction, as the truth is often better than fiction. In this case, it's downright hilarious.

I'd actually agree with RWC that David Wants to Fly completely vindicates our views on the man, as it simply reveals the truth behind the facade. It's like stepping to the side of a Bollywood set and realizing it was only a front, a facade - then you laugh and laugh at the "reality" you once believed was so real.

Re: Judy's angst. I never would expect Judy to get the spirit of TM when she's merely taken it to heart. 'The meanings of the words are taken as sacred concepts. The letter of the instruction is taken to heart rather than the spirit. To take the teacher's word literally is, for example, to construe reality as something concrete to be attained by striving in technique and method rather than as a door into the reality of the moment. Words and concepts are a means to their own transcendence in the here- and-now. Fascination with structure is a deviation; doctrine professed as 'true' and 'correct' gives Enlightened Consciousness a mask of the ridiculous.'

Such people will never understand the real mechanics of transcendence but merely remain trapped with the golden cage of their dearly held concepts.