Buddhist literary borrowings from shaiva texts are quite clear. However
that does not invalidate the idea of a common yogic cultural sphere
which went both ways. Yogins often do not mind mixing dharmas since they
are concerned primarily with what works.

The Bon dharma appears to synthesize the pre-tantric Buddhism of Zhang
Zhung with Trans-Himalayan, native shamanism. So what? That is no reason
to indulge in doctrinaire attributions. Tibetans like to do that …
why ape them?

Khachab Rinpoche took Bon Dzogchen teachings from Lopon Tenzin Namdak
and personally verified their authentic nature along with their
correspondences to Nyingma Dzochen. His sister was a Bonpo practitioner
married to a Mongolian Lama.  He has real knowledge about their
teachings and practice.

Considering your many Shaiva contentions here on FFL, I would expect you
to agree that Shaiva MahaBhairava traditions influenced Buddhist Tantric
practices rather than try to mystify it all into Tögal bindus. Same
for Tertons. They don't need to be puffed up into Vedic rishis since
they already possess a profound set of teachings transmitted directly by
rigpa yeshe.