I already addressed this in a post about the primal bijas of Rig-Veda,
all pointed out by Brahmarshi Daivarata. You however are probably more
versed in chanting the riks than he was.

To bad for you since you can read but are unable to understand what you
read. Here it is again for you to forget again.

I'm sure you know better, anyway.

Gupta! Gupta!

The Rigveda speaks of the primal cosmic word called akshara, meaning
what is imperishable. The mantra o.m does not appear with any
significance in the Rigveda, though it is well known in the Yajurveda
but other mantric sounds do occur.

Most common in the Rigveda is the mantra ii.m, which is a common
interjection in many hymns. The Yajurveda speaks with reverence of this
word, "Reverence to the sound ii.m" (Taittriya Samhita VII.1.19.1).

The great modern yogi, Kavyakantha Ganapati Muni, the chief disciple of
Ramana Maharshi, explains in detail the importance of ii.m as the great
mantra from the Rigveda, its form of the Prananva, eqivanlent of om, as
representing the Cosmic Word (Ganapati Muni Collected Works, Vol. VI,
Vishvamimansa V.4.18). Ganapati Muni's disciple Brahmarshi Daivarata
does so as well. (Brahmarshi Daivarata, Vak Sudha, Chaper 6). It was
from Daivarata that Maharishi Mahesh Yogi received much of his Vedic
knowledge. He brought Daivarata to the West as well a spending time with
him in India.

Through the power of the mantra ii.m, the secret of all Vedic mantras
can be revealed.

Brahmarshi Daivarata revealed the great mantra ii.m o.m shri.h, which is
to be followed by the Gayatri Mantra (Vak Sudha, opening page).

>From "Mantra Yoga and Primal Sound,
Secrets of Seed (Bija) Mantras"
by David Frawley.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "richardatrwilliamsdotus"