--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> -- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@> wrote:
>
> Snipped the dancing routine, sooo Nancy Grace in the groaning 3
> inch heels.  But this is the good part cuz her refusal to accept
> that she has been called out was just predictable.
>
> Here is where I start hearing the music from the start of the
> twilight zone in my head.
>
> > It's amazing how Curtis engineered all this to make
> > himself appear to be the totally blameless victim by a
> > series of moves that's so convoluted nobody gets what
> > he's done except those he's done it *to*. And not for
> > the first time, either.
> >
> > That's one thing at which he's better than anyone here.
>
> And this is not the first time you have accused me of such
> a bizarre thing.  And on a public board no less where we all
> read all the posts if we want to.  And I am able to hide my
> deviousness from everyone but Judy, how can that be?  Oh I
> know, it has to do with her inflated sense of her perceptive
> powers to detect evil, beyond all other posters reading the
> same posts.

And here we have a splendid example of exactly what I was
talking about.

First let's delete the word "evil" in Curtis's attempted
paraphrase of my assertion; he knows it isn't a word, or
even a concept, I would use in this context, but it helps
him load his argument by making what I said seem so much
more extreme.

"From everyone but Judy" and "beyond all other posters
reading the same posts"--well, no; as Curtis is very
much aware, Robin came to the same conclusion. As it
happens, Robin and I are the only two people here who
have had extended disagreements with Curtis and thus
have had detailed, intimate experience of how Curtis
operates when he's challenged.

You really have to be on the receiving end for a lengthy
exchange to see how he does it. In briefer exchanges, a
person may just have a vague sense that something got
twisted somehow that they have a hard time analyzing and
articulating. But the same process is at work.

So it has nothing to do with any special perceptive
abilities on my (or Robin's) part; that notion is just
more of Curtis's argument-loading. It's prolonged exposure
that confers the ability to see what's going on.

But when you *have* had prolonged exposure to Curtis's
brand of twisting, it becomes quite obvious in the
shorter exchanges as well.

Nor are there "special powers" involved on Curtis's part.
Rather, it's a finely honed skill born of long practice
in self-defense and self-justification.

So now that we've disposed of Curtis's argument-loading
weasel words, what actually happened? We have Curtis's
version below, in great detail.

Here's mine.

In post #300408, Curtis made a nasty comment on a post
of Ravi's that was designed to provoke Ravi. Nothing in
Ravi's post, or in his other posts quoted in that one,
referred to Curtis in any way. He did take a shot at
Barry, but not at Curtis, contrary to Curtis's claim
below. So Curtis's slam was entirely gratuitous.

It got a reaction from Ravi, a pretty mild one. He
followed up before Curtis could reply with some nastier
invective, the worst of which was to call Curtis
"dishonest" and "retarded."

Curtis responded by essentially implying that Ravi was
a pervert ("shady horniness"), following through on the
"Jerry Falwell" theme of his first insult.

Ravi responded in kind but more strongly, calling *Curtis*
a pervert with regard to his purported fantasies about
young girls and suggesting Curtis might have a sexual
interest in Ravi as well, and at the same time asserting
that he'd made up his girl-at-the-bar story to pique
Curtis's curiosity.

Curtis then implied Ravi was in denial about his own
purported perversion.

That was the point at which Ravi made the accusation
that got everyone upset, about Curtis having allegedly
been thrown out of the TMO for preying on young female
TMers.

Curtis's response: "Kinda losing it, huh?" He went on
at nasty length about Ravi's use of the terms "retarded"
and "my bitch" but did not address the offensive
accusation any further.

I chimed in with a three-word comment: "Says Curtis,
projecting." Meaning *Curtis* was losing it. Those of
us who aren't violently allergic to Ravi were watching
him playing his standard casual game of insult tennis,
not even breaking a sweat, while Curtis got hotter and
hotter under the collar.

Instead of the "losing it" remark, Curtis *could*, as
I pointed out in another post, have left Ravi twirling
in the wind by cooly denying the offensive accusation
and pointing out that if it had been true, that kind of
serious misbehavior would have been hung around Curtis's
neck long since.

But Curtis didn't do that. Instead, on the basis of my
three-word comment, he accused me of supporting Ravi and
of hypocrisy for not calling Ravi out on his obviously
untrue accusation, *when Curtis hadn't bothered to do so
himself*.

I'm supposed to go to battle for Curtis over an accusation
he didn't take seriously enough to deny??

I tweaked him about that, and all of a sudden Curtis was
taking the accusation *very* seriously indeed, seeing an
opportunity to "get" two birds with one stone.

And then Marek and others began piling on, exalting Curtis
and condemning Ravi, and me for supposedly supporting him.

Nobody but me and Ravi saw how Curtis had managed to spin
the whole thing and turn what should have been an exchange
of tweaks into a federal case in which Ravi's accusation
was the potential ruination of Curtis's entire life and
career; and in which I was a detestable hypocrite for not
jumping on Ravi when I have criticized Curtis for not
jumping on Barry.

The disproportion involved in this last is astonishing.
Ravi's tweaks over a few months of a few people he finds
ridiculous and Barry's continuous vicious, dead serious
attacks on me and the rest of his hate list, over six
years just on FFL, are not even remotely comparable.

Especially given that *Curtis himself* took Ravi's
offensive accusation so lightly at first that he didn't
even bother to deny it, until he saw he could take self-
serving advantage of it and take his revenge on me and
Ravi at the same time, while Curtis himself would come
out smelling like a rose--a poor victimized rose, one
with no taint of corrupt behavior.

Bottom line here is that nobody is going to want to go
over the posts in question to see whose version of what
happened is more accurate and to the point. And Curtis
will have escaped blame once again.