On 01/06/2012 11:10 AM, marekreavis wrote:
> An adoptive admission is where a person is assumed to agree with the
> statement of another if it is said in her/his presence and she/he chooses to
> remain silent and doesn't deny what is said. The person's silence is
> considered to be agreement with the statement made by the other. The charge
> of failing to condemn what other posters have written has been a frequent one
> here.
>
> In a forum like FFL, however, where there are so many posters and lurkers and
> where over a hundred a messages a day are posted, it doesn't make practical
> sense to apply the charge of adoptive admission for anyone's failure to
> respond to what someone else posts.
>
> People could consider responding to what other posters actually write, rather
> than what they don't write. There would be less argument, but maybe that
> would be a good thing.
>
> ***

Don't forget this is the Funny Farm Lounge so the usual rules do not
apply.   There is also a policy to not reply to some posters because
once you do they'll turn it into a badminton match.  If this (a
badminton match) happened in court I'm sure the judge would shut it
down.  Some of the patients here probably need their meds upped though. :-D