Richard, it's not my contention that anything was "proved" in Judith's book,
only that her story, seemed plausible to me. There's not enough (if any)
evidence that we have to actually determine what, if anything, occurred between
Maharishi and Judith, or anyone else.

You may or may not be the only real defender of Maharishi on this list, I don't
know. I am not defending him and I'm not condemning him. I loved the man as my
guru and have lots of fondness for my time in the movement. It doesn't seem far
fetched to me that a guy like him, who obviously enjoyed power and privilege,
wouldn't also be attracted to others sexually. That doesn't mean that he
actually engaged in sexual activities with anyone, but as unique as he appeared
to be in lots of ways, I don't know why we would assume that he was exempt from
natural human desire and behavior when he exhibited other normal human
characteristics.

His proclivities, one way or the other, are not before us in any sort of
forensic setting where we might hope to come to a more accurate determination.
And even if they were, we could still come to the wrong conclusion.

So, go figure, eh?

***

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "richardatrwilliamsdotus" <richard@...>