--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> > The real charge is that Curtis overlooks Barry's offensive
> > behavior because he wants to retain Barry's friendship. Curtis
> > himself has said as much. Curtis has also made it clear that he
> > feels no obligation to stand up for those who have been unfairly
> > maligned. Perhaps there's also a legal term for that, but it
> > sure ain't "adoptive admission."
>
> Even if we assume that what you are saying is true,

You don't have to "assume" it's true. It comes straight
from Curtis's posts.

> then all you are
> doing is describing standard behavior around here, and please
> don't exclude yourself.

I do a whole lot of standing up for folks who have been
unfairly maligned, more than most here. I've done so for
you a number of times, remember?

> But I continue to not understand why you feel it is important
> for other people to intervene in battles in which they don't
> care to participate. Most of us here, just, "let it go".

You often don't just "let it go," you know. You just got
done supporting Curtis big-time, for example. (I'll have a
post or two tomorrow on that, because you foolishly took
his word for a number of things that simply weren't true.)
And you're doing your level best to exonerate him in the
very post I'm responding to.

  You,
> pretty much alone, have chose to make this a high profile issue.

I think it *should be* a high-profile issue in a community
like FFL where posters like Barry and Vaj hang out. And I'm
hardly "alone." Bob Price took serious aim at Curtis not
long ago for castigating Ravi for his attacks on raunchy
and Alex while never saying a word to Barry for his years
of constant attacks on a lot more folks. So did Robin. And
there were a bunch of others who agreed with Bob and Robin
(and me) who dared to speak up for the first time. You've
gotten on Barry's back several times yourself for the way
he disses people.

> And as I mentioned, I think you have some exposure in this
> quarter.  Maybe a lot of exposure.

Yeah, I think you'd have a lot of trouble backing that up.
No, I don't pick up on every single last unfair attack, but
that isn't what I'm advocating in any case.