> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> >
> > In an exploratory study  on Pure Consciousness, the only
> > baseline needed is between episodes of pure consciousness
> > and the rest of the meditation period. The subjects provide
> > their own baseline.
> >
> > Once you establish that there is a distinction that can be
> > made in those specific subjects, you can then start to compare
> > them with people who don't report regular episodes of pure
> > consciousness, but until you establish that there is something
> > to study, using a control group makes no real sense. You don't
> > even know what to be looking for in the first place.
>
> So like I said, "special" science. Why are you replying?

I just wanted to get back to this for a moment, because it's
such an outstanding example of the arrogance of ignorance.

Barry was wrong to call it "special science." Lawson patiently
explained why. And Barry responds, not having understood what
Lawson was telling him, reasserting his mistake, and then
asking, "Why are you replying?"

This is why it's sometimes necessary to "shoot the
messenger." When the messenger carries a false message--
whether he's aware of it or not--and tries to throw his
weight around as if his false message was the last word,
you need to do what you can to make sure anyone who might
be affected by his messages knows he can't be trusted.

It's not impossible that at some point this messenger
could carry an authentic, accurate message without knowing
it. The point is you need to verify any message from him
with some more reliable source before you take it
seriously, because he doesn't care, and doesn't even know
how to tell, whether it's accurate or not.