--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "marekreavis" <reavismarek@...> wrote:

>  Buck, other than folks in Fairfield, who would have reasons not to have
> their names publicized to the TMO religious police as following FFL, do you
> "know" of any scholars, academics, politicians, or public personalities who
> care about what we jabber about here or are you just speculating about the
> otherwise undefined "we would be surprised" category?
>
> ***

Marek, yes as a matter of fact I am aware there are academics and journalists
researching papers, articles, thesis, and books for publication.  FF is become
of scholarly and journalistic interest with real academics and real journalists
finding the story.  The FFL archive past and posts in present provides a wealth
of information for them to sieve about Fairfield and come up to speed with.
And then there are TM'ers of all types away and out in the world who look in
and see how the winds are blowing by using FFL to read.  Always is interesting
to see who contacts me offline via FFL.  Either scholarly or journalists the
ongoing open format with its critique is the content.
By report also evidently the large volume of personal baiting and bickering
between a few writers gets in the way of the larger utility of FFL.  I hear a
lot of frustration with that.  Possibly using this dilution in method as a
denial of service is a strategy too by some.

Yes, FFL as an open forum in result can be thin soup at times for all the
baiting between a few writers but FFL evidently has its place also out in the
free market of ideas.  To some others FFL is a dangerous place and the people
who write on it are dangerous for their ideas and critique as such.  You should
hear how some of the rabid TM true-believers describe one Rick Archer for
hosting this very forum, it's with some extremely colorful vitriol.

Yes, there seems evident a larger audience more than just the few in number who
do write and post.
Best Regards,
-Buck in FF