--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> Placebo?  No son, this kind of spirituality ain't no placebo.  It is for real
> and it is reality. You're living in the Maya-n age.  Maharishi did'nt need to
> make no excuses for he came up with help time and again for your sorry ass.
> Make excuses?  Look at the illumined on BATGAP.COM, they are mostly a bunch
> of illumined veteran TM'ers .  There's a town full of illumined here on earth
> right here too, Fairfield present-tense. Someone seems to have missed the
> bus.  Stop your whining and come back to meditation.  Be on time.  Time is
> short on earth, make use of it while you got it.  Be on time this time.
> Repent and come back before it is too late,
> -Buck in the Dome

What you are saying inspires the same anxiety that made me leave the TMO in the
first place.  You're saying 'time is short' and 'come back before it's too
late'.  According to vedic teachings, we are in a cycle of birth and death.  We
continue to be born and die over and over until we reach a state where our
concsiousness is fully developed.  Therefore, we shouldn't be in a state of
anxiety in terms of this lifetime.  I remember when I was at MIU/MUM (I was
there when the name changed), some teachers would try to warn us not to fall
off the path, and to achieve enlightenment in this lifetime.  What i'm
wondering is whether or not they really believe that we're in a cycle of birth
and death then?  Do they really believe this is our only chance?  Is MMY's
teachings the only teachings in the history of the world that can lead us to
enlightenment, and he's the last teacher of this kind for the rest of eternity?

Enlightenment is inevitable for all souls, not just those of us who learned TM
in this life.  Warning people to take advantage of this here and now as if it's
their last chance is simply putting them in a state of anxiety....the exact
opposite of enlightenment.  As for me, i'll stay on the program, but refuse to
live in fear of not getting as much out of a lifetime as I can.  My perception
of worrying about getting enlightened in this lifetime is like a soldier who is
afraid of dying in combat.  You're missing the key element that is supposed to
be intrinsic to the path you chose.  It's a sign that a person doesn't really
have faith in cosmic intelligence.  I remember a recording of Alan Watts that
accused modern new-age teachings of enlightenment to be nothing more than
people trying to get 'one-up on the universe'.  Not that there's anything wrong
with spirituality or aspirations for enlightenment, but the anxiety of not
achieving it implies that we don't really have faith in divinity in the first
place.  We don't really have faith that nature will take care of our soul in
the long run, and we seem to think that enlightened teachings are somehow going
to disappear all of a sudden.

Regarding Sthapatya Veda, did Buddha live in a Sthapatya Veda home?  What about
MMY, Guru Dev, Alan Watts, Eckardt Tolle?  Or really....anyone who we consider
highly evolved or enlightened?  I don't believe any of them did live in those
types of homes.

I'm not saying I think Sthapatya Veda is completely bogus.  It's just like
training in martial arts.  If you're a top contender for a world title, then
yes...a very carefully planned diet could make a difference between winning and
losing.  But your diet is really only a small percentage of what it takes to
win.  The first 99% is years of blood, sweat, tears, wins and losses, etc...
It's not really until you get to a very high competitive level that something
as minor as diet is going to start becoming important.  I think it's the same
way with enlightenment.  If you're a really young soul, whether or not you live
in a Sthapatya Ved home is not going to make you or break you in terms of
spiritual growth (IMO).  You've still got the first 99% to complete.

seekliberation