--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >
> > A friend of mine got kicked off campus in the 80’s
> (expelled â€" he was a student) because he was openly,
> somewhat flagrantly gay. These days he’s in the good
> graces of the movement and doing a lot to help in various
> ways. Charlie Lutes used to claim that Maharishi had made
> dire predictions about the fate of gay people, such as
> “it would be better had they never been bornâ€.
> I don’t know much more than that.

That was 30 years ago. I can understand, although I can't
sanction, the idea that back then flagrantly gay people
would threaten the TMO's reputation. That should no
longer be a concern; hopefully this is an example of
a trend.

> Haven't heard that one, but perhaps Maharishi was right ?

If 30 years ago Maharishi meant that the life of a gay
person in this society was likely to involve a great
deal of misery because of homophobia--to the point where
such a person might wish they had never been born--that
would make some sense. But I doubt that's what he had in
mind, sadly.

> Anyway he was much to busy trying to save the planet from
> itself than being preoccupied with gays.
>
> However, it must be a great strain for any system, male or
> female to feel you are in a wrong body

That is by no means a common concern for homosexuals. Most
gay people have no complaints about their gender and no
desire to change it.

> and the rate of suicide amongst gays is supposed to be very high.

The *vast* majority of the psychological distress suffered
by gay people related to their sexual preference is the
result of society's disapproval.

Fortunately that is decreasing rapidly, and we should see a
corresponding decrease in the suicide rate among homosexuals.

> According to Adgar Casey homosexuals did'nt handle the
> transistion from another gender in the previous life, thus
> the extreme imbalances found in certain gays.

Again, "extreme imbalances" in some gay people is much more
likely the result of homophobia than of psychological
problems inherent in the fact of their sexual preference.

In the absence of homophobia, in other words, there would
not be any more gay people with "extreme imbalances" than
in straight people.