You make good points, and I withdraw my parallel. :-)

I think this place (FFL) is best approached as "enter-
tainment that has the capability of teaching." Like you,
I have learned from many in my time here, and as much
from those who disagreed with me as from those who
agreed.

I'm fairly comfortable with my views of Maharishi, TM,
the TMO, and spirituality in general, but IMO *none* of
them constitute anything resembling "truth." They're
just ideas that I have. I don't so much "believe in them"
as "wear" them for a bit while toying with them. In so
doing, occasionally I throw them out onto the Internet
like spaghetti against a refrigerator; some idea-strands
stick, others don't. No big deal either way.

I honestly don't think there is enough there there about
the whole TM experience to get emotional about or attached
to. For me, at least. But I enjoy playing with ideas about
it, as a form of amusement and as an opportunity to learn.
It's one of my weird ideas of fun.

What many of my detractors don't seem to understand when
they cast me as a villain with a grudge against Maharishi
is that I really couldn't give a flying fuck about him.
He doesn't interest me. I'll never read a book about him,
and have trouble making it through any of his quotes when
they are posted here. He's so much a part of my past that
I really can't identify enough to get all that interested
in him.

But THE TM MOVEMENT, and the people who populated it, or
continue to, THEY are more interesting. FFL is, as Bhairitu
suggests, "the Funny Farm Lounge." It's a zoo. It's a never-
ending education in the ongoing history of spiritual
movements -- or cults, if you prefer -- past, present,
and future. Sooner or later every quirk or weirdness I've
witnessed or even heard about in *any* spiritual group,
*anywhere*, *anytime* gets acted out here on Fairfield
Life. It's like a microcosm of spiritual weirdness.

And, as that great philosopher Zaphod Beebelbrox said
so eloquently, "Anything for a weird life."