 From: Ravi Chivukula <chivukula.r...@gmail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 11:20 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Cliff Notes Robin [previously Re: Men only]

"Everyone on this forum is just text on a screen to me."

Thank you Guru Xeno - this is what I like about you. You are at least honest -
and admit you are a cold-hearted, emotionless, distant, dead man basically, of
dead beliefs, of inane platitudes - having sexual orgies in your mind with
words, even your hard-ons while you are having sex with words might be just a
word in your mind called "hard-on". It really reflects in your writing -
everytime I read you it's astonishing, it's as if you are a zombie. And then
equally hilarious is when I see someone like Share react to you - it's as if
she actually had sex with you and you made her come. I'm always tempted to ask
you and Share to take your orgies offline.

Hail to Guru Zombie Xeno !!!

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Xenophaneros Anartaxius <anartax...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@...> wrote:
>
>> Ok, that was silly. I went to your link and typed in some text. I made it
>> longer and played with the percentage to keep or edit. All it did was
>> randomly leave in or take out stuff. I don't get why you need a program to
>> do this. Many of us do it naturally by the way we read, which is often
>> sloppy or, because of pre-conceived notions about things, we fail to take in
>> half of what anyone is actually saying. All of us are text compactors
>> already and I don't think it benefits us all that much. I don't require a
>> computer to do it FOR me!

This kind of software is designed to produce 'executive summaries', and well
designed programs do not use random selection. However the sample of Robin's
was huge, and the compression was to about 5% which is really far too much.
Normally you get reasonable results with 25% to 50% compression. Some manual
editing might be needed. The software works better if the original document has
a well defined structure.