Dear Rick,
 Question: Would you lease to me the ownership position of FFL for one month
for a dollar?
 Sincerely,

 -Buck

 Yep, Denial-of-service-attacks. DoSa. Yea that is effectively what we have for
so long had with all the unkindness that some in evident method have used to
quench and flood out much of any substantial discussion on FFL. We've been long
suffering with that here. It is like as soon as the water settles out to drink
they come and flood poison over it again in unkind method. Like look at the
last week again, these pernicious writers were repeatedly given the chance to
come in from their unkind ways and they are right back at flooding the springs
with their poison. I hope Rick returns from his travels and does something to
save the spring that is FFL.
 -Buck, on the lone prairie

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

 Richard J writes,
 One of the favorite tactics of internet pranksters and hackers is to
'raid' a forum or site, essentially overwhelm it with negative rantings
in large numbers, just for kicks - lulz.
..
It seems to me that most of these hacker exploits wouldn't be a problem
if moderators were a bit more diligent in their moderating and security:

 strcpy () is your enemy, strncpy () is your friend. Go figure.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

 One of the favorite tactics of internet pranksters and hackers is to
 'raid' a forum or site, essentially overwhelm it with negative rantings
 in large numbers, just for kicks - lulz.

 According to what I've read on 4chan /b/, the "Anonymous Group" will
 conduct a major DDoS, even bigger than the attack on the Church of
 Scientology, which was called "Project Chanology". Thank God respondents
 are allowed unlimited posts per week on Yahoo! FFL, or else we'd be
 hacked and shut down by the pirates and the hackers - we've got to
 defend ourselves or it's chaos.

 It seems to me that most of these hacker exploits wouldn't be a problem
 if moderators were a bit more diligent in their moderating and security:
 strcpy () is your enemy, strncpy () is your friend. Go figure.

 This is another one of those books that needs to be on a mandatory
 reading list for all IT Security bachelors degrees. Yes, I've got the
 book and the degree, and that's probably the main reason I'm still alive
 and posting.

 "Kevin Mitnick was the most elusive computer break-in artist in history.
 He accessed computers and networks at all the world's biggest companies
 - and no matter how fast the authorities were, Mitnick was faster,
 sprinting through phone switches, computer systems, and cellular networks.

 As the FBI's net finally began to tighten, Mitnick went on the run,
 engaging in an increasingly sophisticated game of hide and seek that
 escalated through false identities, a host of cities, and plenty of
 close shaves, to an ultimate showdown with the Feds, who would stop at
 nothing to bring him down.

 "Ghost in the Wires" is a thrilling true story of intrigue, suspense,
 and unbelievable escapes - and a portrait of a visionary who forced the
 authorities to rethink the way they pursued him and forced companies to
 rethink the way they protect their their most sensitive information."
 With an introduction by Steve Wozniak.

 'Ghost in the Wires'
 by Kevin Mitnick
 Back Bay Books, 2011