---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 Actually, Ann, I don't recall anyone having tried to use it to claim Robin was
serious recently except Richard, who's just trolling. Before that, the last
folks to do it, way back when but months after the posts themselves, were
Curtis and Vaj (and Curtis surely knew otherwise; he thought he could make me
believe Robin was serious--he wasn't aware Robin and I were communicating
privately). Unless I'm forgetting things--if so, please remind me!

 Before this time, for sure this was brought up by a number of people but since
I don't do the research I can't give you the post numbers. I would say Barry
(who always rides on everyone's coattails anyway when it comes to dissension),
Ricky and Steve have brought it up. It seems to me it was a couple of months
ago when Ricky was on his roll before Christmas, to have the dubious honor of
posting 25% of all posts here at FFL. Many have tried to imply Robin disliked
you and that long-ago post being the proof of that. The only reason I know it
keeps rearing its head is because I am really tired of reading about this as
"evidence" of Robin's enmity toward you and I'd only be bored with it if it had
come up at least three or four times. I think some people here need some new
material. It's a pity Bob and Robin aren't here any longer to provide it.

 << It's called "having fun," Richard. The most fun either of us ever had on
FFL, in fact. We had a wonderful time throwing each other under the bus. And
then an even better time laughing privately at the few gullible fools who
thought we were serious.

 I would say you and Robin definitely scored way bigger by having had this
little fun on FFL than you both either dreamed. I mean, look at the mileage you
two have had with this. No one can stop bringing it up and talking about it and
trying to use it to prove Robin actually disliked you and was serious. Neither
of you could have predicted its longevity and the fact that it evidently
qualifies as one of the Hall of Famer posts. Good on you both; I'd say the
whole joke/skit worked better than either of you imagined. In fact, he said to
me in a private email before I started posting to FFL on a regular basis that
one of the highlights of his time there was this little charade you two had
done and that I should be sure to read it because he thought it was probably
the most fun he had had at FFL and that I should be sure not to take it
seriously because he thought the world of you and you were just smart enough
and quick enough to have perfectly played your part. He was still laughing
about it every time he would bring it up to me, which was more than once. >>