---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

 On 2/9/2014 10:00 AM, Share Long wrote:
 > in the Gita Maharishi writes that at a certain point it is between the
 > devotee and God whether they become one or stay two so that there can
 > be that flow of devotion.

 The key word here is "devotion", Share. Robin's main problem may have
 been his belief that he could become God with TM practice. I hope this
 isn't what he was teaching! Apparently Robin got confused about TM and
 what MMY was about. This is really surprising in Robin's case -
 apparently he never even read the Bhagavad Gita to the end - the BG is
 all about Bhakti Yoga.

 I'm pretty sure that the BG teaches service and devotion to God Krishna,
 not that we can become God ourselves using yoga techniques. Patanjali's
 Yoga is concerned with isolation of the Purusha and the prakriti, not a
 "union" with the Godhead - Ishvara.

 If I could become God Krishna, I could have 16,000 wives and make love
 with a married cow girl named Radha under an Autumn moon. In India you
 can find people that like to dress up in saris like Radha, so they can
 copulate with Krishna and do the Rasa Dance with him. This doesn't work
 out very well in practice - one Swami who used to live down here got
 convicted of child molestation for thinking he was God Krishna.

 In fact, this is the kind of thinking that can get people in big
 trouble. If Robin believed himself to be God for ten years, then he was
 probably delusional - and delusional about TM as well. Certainly he was
 mis-informed about Indian Yoga and Vedanta principles. Go figure.

 I'd say you were correct. But, as you might want to know, he did not.