Beliefs in limitations don't arise, unless the limitation is evident within
oneself. Similarly, a belief in one's unlimited ability doesn't arise, unless
the ability within oneself is present - latent, perhaps, but present.
So, although we all enjoy 'owning' our beliefs, even arguing for them, and
thinking of them as choices we each make, they are really much more of a
rationalized expression, of the state of our physiology.
However, as humans, we have this unique ability to set a conflict within
ourselves, to believe in something, that in terms of everyday life, we cannot
support. It is simply not possible - Not impossible, in terms of future
achievement, but in terms of simply thinking it so, it is not possible for a
belief to instantaneously override the physiology.
That means, if, as this guy says, we believe in giving unconditional love, but
we do not have the capacity, all we can offer is inner conflict, and why would
you want to pass that on? Once the ability to offer unconditional love is
there, it doesn't matter what our belief is, at all - we can only spread, and
share it.
I find that humans are not as smart as we *think* we are - life, itself, serves
as much better mirror, and teacher. :-)

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <sharelong60@...> wrote:

 But Doc, is it conditioning that is preventing unconditional love. Or is it
the belief that conditioning is preventing unconditional love that is the real
culprit?!
PS I find David Deida to be a very profound thinker so I take to heart what he
says.

 On Monday, February 24, 2014 8:20 AM, "doctordumbass@..." <doctordumbass@...>