 On 08/05/2014 01:04 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

 On 08/05/2014 09:47 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

<noozguru@...> mailto:noozguru@... wrote :

 On 08/04/2014 11:23 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

    If you ever get a clear sky at night and Mars is available for viewing
notice what constellation it is in front of.  If it the chart is wrong  then it
must be tropical which doesn't take into account the precession of  the
equinox.  Again you may be confused between tropical and sidereal astrology.
Jyotish is the latter.

 I'm not confused. I don't care. Whatever Mars is in front of it doesn't have
any effect on me. It never did. This "one type of astrology is better than the
other" is a red herring.

 Take whatever type you like and prove it works is all I ask! I think we have
better explanations for everything that you claim is due to planetary
influence. Prove it and I won't need to bother keeping up with psychology any
more, which will be fine by me, all those tedious and exacting experiments when
all we really need to do is ask Russell Grant for a chart!

 To answer your - also inaccurate - point below, the people who invented
astrology DID think the Earth was the centre of the universe and everything
went round it. They had no idea it was otherwise.

 Yes, it is based of visual observation.  Likewise the astronomy which was
developed for astrology first was then later used for ship navigation which
also depended on visual observations.  Worked didn't it?

So astrology is an accurate science because The Beagle found it's way home?
That astrologers now use accurate charts is irrelevant to whether it works,
when it was invented they thought the world was vastly different to how we know
it is. The bonkers maths used to put the Earth in the middle and everything
going round it is clever to us and useful to sailors but to early astrologers
it was the only way of representing what they thought was reality.