Only the ladies from the Playboy Mansion lined up for readings (each your heart out). I did readings just for the fun of it and mainly for people where I worked and a few friends and relatives. Never really wanted to hang out a shingle.

On 08/06/2014 02:17 PM, Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

What *I get* is that from the horoscopes for people I have done the predictions played out.

you have to be cherry picking. If 100% of your astrology predictions came true, you would be a world famous astrologer with millions of people clamoring for your readings. How do you account for the inaccurate predictions and how do you and your clients rationalize them, also what percentage of your predictions are accurate and what % are inaccurate?

*From:* salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:00 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Why astrology is rubbish.

On 08/06/2014 09:25 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <noozguru@...>
    <mailto:noozguru@...> wrote :

    But that wasn't my point with SallyAnn (which is what Thunderbird
    wants to rename him).  It was to point out that he lacks the
    proper credentials or scientific depth to discuss the issue
    properly.  He doesn't appear to know even basic astronomy.

    LOL. You've ignored most of what I've said anyway, but do you
    really think there is an issue to discuss? Read it all again, all
    I want to say is that your horoscope looks a bit silly if you put
    everything where it's supposed to be instead of where the
    software thinks it is. Obviously you don't think about it like
    that, the picture the ancients had was sweet but so inaccurate
    that they'd fall over backwards if they saw what reality was
    really like. How can it be taken seriously if you aren't taking
    in the extra distances due to orbits going behind the sun for
    instance? The only force known to be infinite in extent is
    gravity and it can't be that, it couldn't be that even if the
    Earth was the centre of the universe. It's all rubbish. It's so
    obvious to me it hurts. What other credentials do I need dear
    Bhairitu?

    The only thing we seem to be left with is some other force that
    ties us in with the movements of planets against an arbitrary
    background but is rubbish at making predictions even though it's
    all supposed to be running like clockwork. Would I believe it if
    I was born two hours later?

    What I think we have here is a division between though who fear
    the idea that our lives are predestined and those who celebrate
    it.  If astrology seems to give some clue about destiny fine.
    Science may also discover the patterns which rule our lives and
    indeed there are scientists trying to do so. Unfortunately there
    are a lot of people who hide behind the shield of science who
    know little about science.

    Science has dismissed astrology many times. These patterns that
    rule our lives should make it easy to make testable predictions
    but they don't seem to work. Far from hiding behind a shield I'm
    actually thinking of ways to show it does work, by having a chart
    done for instance and then thinking about it. Trouble is, one of
    the main predictions was wrong. So how can any of the others be
    right if they don't take into account the effect that a life
    changing event would have had. Be being extra vague? That doesn't
    sound like my life is being ruled by patterns that science has
    yet to understand.

    Do you get it yet?

I get that you can't rationally discuss the subject.
    What's irrational about anything I've said?

    Your replies are emotionally biased and loaded with ignorance both
of astrology and science.
    Emotionally biased? That makes no sense but I admit I'm ignorant
of how astrology could possibly work.
    I'm always happy to apply scientific principles to things though,
    I do now how to do that coz it's easy, you just look for the weak
    link and set up a question that falsifies the conjecture if it
    can't be answered.

    And BTW there are practitioners of heliocentric astrology.  Maybe
    you ought to test it out.

    Like I said, there are experts in Bigfoot and Yeti...

    What *I get* is that from the horoscopes for people I have done
the predictions played out.
    So you are the perfect astrologer? Cool.

    Put that in your chillum and smoke it.

    Childish.

    On 08/06/2014 12:39 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@...