 On 08/06/2014 09:25 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

<noozguru@...> mailto:noozguru@... wrote :

 But that wasn't my point with SallyAnn (which is what Thunderbird wants to
rename him).  It was to point out that he lacks the proper credentials or
scientific depth to discuss the issue properly.  He doesn't appear to know even
basic astronomy.

 LOL. You've ignored most of what I've said anyway, but do you really think
there is an issue to discuss? Read it all again, all I want to say is that your
horoscope looks a bit silly if you put everything where it's supposed to be
instead of where the software thinks it is. Obviously you don't think about it
like that, the picture the ancients had was sweet but so inaccurate that they'd
fall over backwards if they saw what reality was really like. How can it be
taken seriously if you aren't taking in the extra distances due to orbits going
behind the sun for instance? The only force known to be infinite in extent is
gravity and it can't be that, it couldn't be that even if the Earth was the
centre of the universe. It's all rubbish. It's so obvious to me it hurts. What
other credentials do I need dear Bhairitu?

 The only thing we seem to be left with is some other force that ties us in
with the movements of planets against an arbitrary background but is rubbish at
making predictions even though it's all supposed to be running like clockwork.
Would I believe it if I was born two hours later?

 What I think we have here is a division between though who fear the idea that
our lives are predestined and those who celebrate it.  If astrology seems to
give some clue about destiny fine.  Science may also discover the patterns
which rule our lives and indeed there are scientists trying to do so.
Unfortunately there are a lot of people who hide behind the shield of science
who know little about science.

 Science has dismissed astrology many times. These patterns that rule our lives
should make it easy to make testable predictions but they don't seem to work.
Far from hiding behind a shield I'm actually thinking of ways to show it does
work, by having a chart done for instance and then thinking about it. Trouble
is, one of the main predictions was wrong. So how can any of the others be
right if they don't take into account the effect that a life changing event
would have had. Be being extra vague? That doesn't sound like my life is being
ruled by patterns that science has yet to understand.

 Do you get it yet?

 I get that you can't rationally discuss the subject.   What's irrational about
anything I've said?
 Your replies are emotionally biased and loaded with ignorance both of
astrology and science.  Emotionally biased? That makes no sense but I admit I'm
ignorant of how astrology could possibly work.  I'm always happy to apply
scientific principles to things though, I do now how to do that coz it's easy,
you just look for the weak link and set up a question that falsifies the
conjecture if it can't be answered.
 And BTW there are practitioners of heliocentric astrology.  Maybe you ought to
test it out.
 Like I said, there are experts in Bigfoot and Yeti...

 What I get is that from the horoscopes for people I have done the predictions
played out.   So you are the perfect astrologer? Cool.
 Put that in your chillum and smoke it. Childish.

 On 08/06/2014 12:39 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@... mailto:turquoiseb@...