> On Dec 3, 2005, at 6:32 PM, anonymousff wrote:
>
> >  So Tom, in his moments, is not unique. Dare I say, even on this list,
> >  there lurk a few apparently rude people.
>
> There's rudeness and there's rudeness.  Tom is quite a stand-out in
> that area, IMO.  I'm afraid nobody else on this forum even comes close.

Oh, good. So we can be rude, but just not too rude. Great, because I
love rudeness.

Where exactly is the line? And does quantity count? I mean if the line
is at 10 x, but one is 3x rude 5 times in a day, is that like being
15x rude once? I mean a lot of people here appear to be sy s low to
medium level of rudeness all day long. Silly me, that seems worse that
one big blast of Tom rudeness. But I am probably being rude in saying
so. :)

Maybe you can write something up for Rick to put in the guidelines
about the appropriate level of rudeness for this list.

And what about duels. We should put something in the guidelines about
that. When its appropriate, when its not. How to "call someone out" --
i mean slapping them with your white glove seems kind of hard on the
internet. Proper weapons? Proper timing -- we'll get a jyotishee right
on that. And WHO gets to face east?????!!!! Gadzooks this IS a
complicated issue.

Rude on!