--- jim_flanegin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Comment/Question below:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> "jim_flanegin"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > **SNIP**
> >  Besides the next time I see Guru Dev, I'm
> tattling on
> > > you....Ha Ha
> > >
> > **SNIP TO END**
> >
> > Jim, if you don't mind sharing, is there any
> details regarding your
> > interaction(s) with Guru Dev that you can relate?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Marek
> >
> Hi, yes- please see my answer to Vaj's question.
>
> Other than that, I've always detested mood making,
> and just followed
> the genuine desires of my heart. As I recall my
> desire began to form
> when I read in the Gita about God having a personal
> form, in order
> for us to be able to focus our devotion more easily
> on Him.
>
> At the time, I really wanted to be devoted to
> Maharishi, but just
> couldn't ever get personally jazzed about it. It
> always felt dry,
> like trying to fall in love with someone and you
> just can't.
>
> But I sure was attracted to that picture of
> Brahmananda Saraswati-
> his facial expression and the look in his eyes. I
> just really
> admired that- I thought, yeah, there is a true
> saint, who can live
> in the jungle, etc. That is a resolute Being!
>
> And it just went from there. Probably driven more
> from a sense of
> humility and desperation and surrender, than piety.
>
> I wrote a very few notes during that time:
>
> "January 22, 1993
> from communion
>
> Guru dev, His Divinity Swami Brahmananda Saraswati,
>
> perfect body; to look upon any part of His form
> instantly leads the
> mind on an inward march toward the Absolute, using
> the sense of
> sight.
>
> perfect heart; to be near Him feels like your
> perfect dad and best
> friend.
>
> perfect mind; to gaze into his eyes is to sit in the
> lotus, looking
> out over vast galaxies of stars; a throne upon the
> universe."
>
> PS I got the date wrong earlier, when replying from
> memory.

Very nice experience. I've never felt a strong
connection to him. Different dharmas for different
karmas.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AQDrNC/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM

> and click 'Join This Group!'
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://mail.yahoo.com

Need Help?  Get Help! Tools and Strategies for Healthy Drug-Free Living</a>.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wI.OUB/dbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM