"If your mind is doing the doubt thing, it's going to do the
doubt thing no matter who the supposed "expert" is."

I don't think I am as skeptical as you are about the use of proper
tests in science.  The whole history of science as advanced on our
ability to have confidence in procedures and make predictions to test
further and to develop theories. The mindset of doubt is not the
critical thing in science. Doubt or belief should not matter if the
procedures are followed.  Of course humans being humans we mess this
up a lot and so it takes some time to separate the BS from what seems
conclusive for now.  Until the next test!

I can appreciate your description of how our body reacts to seeing
someone levitate!  "I believe I wet my drawers!" would probably be mine!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM