> > wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> > > wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> > >
> > > Did I mention "booby hatch?"
> >
> > Ooh, it seems I hit a nerve.
>
> No, what you did was snip the context and then attribute
> to me words that you know I never said.

Um, no, I didn't attribute any words to you, Barry.
I paraphrased your concern that Robert needed
psychological help, just with (as noted) a bit of
hyperbole (which was obvious, since I included the
quote from your post--which you, it appears, have
now snipped, interestingly enough).

 Can anyone out
> there  *imagine* the shitfit Judy would have done if
> anyone had done that to her?  :-)

You do it to me--and others you dislike--all the
time, Barry.  I usually ignore such instances
unless they're egregiously contrary to what I've
actually said.

And unlike you, I don't put quotes around my
paraphrases to make readers think I was actually
using the other person's words.

> <snip>
> > > All talk, no action. And slimy talk at that, as in
> > > this post where you do the *very* thing you accuse
> > > others of over and over here -- snipping content
> > > from a reply in order to hide it.
> >
> > Oh, nonsense.  I quoted the essential point at the
> > top.  Not only that, folks will have just read the
> > original; your response followed his post by only
> > seven minutes and was the very next in the posting
> > order.
>
> You changed my language to make it harsher, and then
> you snipped the original post I was replying to so as
> to conceal what it was that I was referring to.

Oh, nonsense.  I quoted the essential point at the
top.  Not only that, folks will have just read the
original; your response followed his post by only
seven minutes and was the very next in the posting
order.

As to the hyperbole, as noted, I *did* quote what
you had actually said, so it would be clear it *was*
hyperbole.  You've snipped that part; I just can't
imagine why.

(And notice, by the way, that Barry is still throwing
up chaff to distract attention from the fact that
he can't address my actual point--which he's also
now snipped, along with the chaff he flung in his
failings onto others.  Like I said, I struck a nerve.)