> In a message dated 8/19/06 6:01:08 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> As one  blogger pointed out, the question, as it was asked, was NOT a good
> figure for
> Bush: why wasn't the figure 99+% in favor of wiretapping terrorists and  the
> people they
> talk to?
>

> It's very easy to see, but I'm sure you won't. There is so much hatred for
> Bush generated by about 20 to 30% of the electorate that they would hate to
> see
>  him have any success in anything. As Limbaugh put it, good news for America
> while Bush is in office is bad news for the Democrats and Bad news for
> America  while Bush is in office is good news for the Democrats. They
> couldn't stand
> him  being elected the first time.They couldn't stand his poll numbers after
> 911.  When Bush's poll numbers were at their highest and people expressed
> complete  trust in him the Democrats had to do something to destroy that
> trust so
> they  went from focusing in on him as a moron to calling him a liar, as I was
>
> called one today, twice! And the Democrats absolutely couldn't stand him
> being  re-elected. The attacks on Bush have gone from just being political to
>
> being very personal and ugly and quite frankly there are a few Independents
> that
> are just tired of it and wished it would all stop, at any cost.  November
> will tell how many independents will change to hopefully quiet things  down.

So, you think that a substantial number of Americans would respond in the
negative to
this  question?

Does the  President have the right to conduct wiretaps in the war on terror as
long as he
follows the constitutionally valid laws and procedures set by Congress?

Yes, no, not sure.

What about to THIS question?

SHOULD the President conduct wiretaps in pursuit of the War on Terror as long