In a message dated 8/19/06 6:04:32 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I Have to stand by the Poll as it is. People have known from the get go that
> the calls in question, that are tapped with out a warrant, are calls coming
> into the US from suspected terrorists and most people don't care if they are
> tapped without a warrant. Tapping citizens on domestic calls without a
> warrant is an entirely different situation.

So you believ e that the President of teh USA doesn't have to follow a law set by Congress?

I didn't say that at all. I think the more appropriate question is does the president have the authority to wire tap without a warrant involving national security in a time of war. Lincoln suspended Habius Corpus, FDR did a number of things that would make the hair stand on end of democrats today, one of them was interring Japanese Americans in camps.