> >> <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com>

> Language is tricky. I think people like Peter, Jim F., Tom T. and
others
> understand your point perfectly well, but statements about subjective
> experience become very cumbersome without the use of the subjective
personal
> pronoun. And when that pronoun is used, or when they express a thought
or
> opinion about some other topic as an individual (which is the only
element
> in the equation that can have thoughts or opinions), it appears to me
that
> you often try to nail them for being phonies.

> In some cases it may not, but in many cases it very well may be
exactly what
> he was talking about, but sound different when a person tries to
describe it
> in their own terms. Maharishi could only offer a road map, and a road
map,
> like words, is a far cry from the territory it represents. Start
driving
> around that territory and you might be surprised how differently it
appears
> from the concept the map gave you. There is also the issue that there
are
> many stages of awakening, and people may mistake the stage they are
> experiencing for a more advanced one whose description seems to fit
what
> they are experiencing.

Exactly the map is different than the territory. The barest of
information, enough to quide and inspire. How else can the non-dual
descriptions be reconciled with what MMY says. He left much out by
necessity, and for other reasons, and many still accept the map as the
territory. Many don't anymore.

JohnY