snip>

> What the hell is this third eye and why do you think it is important?

The third eye is the portal to infinity, that's why it's important!
Unfolding of the chakras unfold powers of morality, self control,
chastity, descrimination, etc. That is why we meditate, and the
unfolding of the chakras is the methodology from which we get these
powers and win the battle of life, (i.e. good over evil).