In a message dated 1/28/07 5:17:59 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

What  countries do you speak of that we have brought hell to?
Afghanistan, or
> Iraq? Hell was already there long before we set foot there. The
rest of the
> middle eastern countries, we have just poured  billions of dollars
into either
> in aid or for oil.

two  examples: Iraq is far worse off now that the US has invaded-
more  wide-spread misery and more death. We assassinated Iran's first
democratically elected ruler and installed the 'shah', who ran a
brutal regime at least the equal of Saddam's.

With Iraq, at least there is some hope that they, Shiia and Sunni, can
settle their differences and learn to live in a democratic  government and
share
their wealth equally. Under Saddam they never knew what hell  he was  going to
put them through next. Starvation and denial of public  services while he
built palaces for himself, wars with Kuwait or Iran,  poison gas attacks
killing
thousands and no hope of any justice and constant  fear for life for
criticizing the government.The Shah was the one mistake we did  make in that
region. We
should have done everything we could have to keep him in  power. He was no
more brutal than the creeps running the country today and we  didn't have to
worry about some Shiite Islamic Fundamentalism causing mischief  in the rest of
the region.