In a message dated 1/28/07 5:23:43 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

We *prop  up* those corrupt governments. That's
> one of the reasons why their  people hate us.
>

> When we buy their oil, it  becomes their money! When we give aid
such as to
> the  Palestinians, it is up to their leaders to distribute the money
properly
> which they rarely do. Which governments are you referring to that
we prop up
> and the people hate us for?

Look, *you* were  the one who brought up the fact
that we were giving money to Middle  Eastern
countries:

"What countries do you speak of that we have  brought hell to?
Afghanistan, or Iraq? Hell was already there long before  we
set foot there. The rest of the middle eastern countries, we
have  just poured billions of dollars into either in aid or
for oil."

As  far as you were concerned, the people should
be grateful to us for all this  loot rather than
hating us. That was the context of your  comment.

Wrong, I never said anybody had to be grateful to us  for spending our  money
there or giving aid, but your premise that they hate us because we prop up
their corrupt governments is wrong. The main reason for animosity for the
United  States in the middle east is our defense of Israel. Muslims are hell
bent
on the  destruction of Israel and return of that land to Muslims. Anybody that
gets  in the way and prevents that, is causing them a great deal of
frustration and anger. Many of the governments in that region have learned to
deal
with it and accept our position,  but they keep their populations  anger and
frustration focused on American support of Israel as a diversion for  what they
aren't providing for  their own  people.