> In a message dated 1/28/07 5:23:43 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> We *prop  up* those corrupt governments. That's
> > one of the reasons why their  people hate us.
> >

> > When we buy their oil, it  becomes their money! When we give aid
> such as to
> > the  Palestinians, it is up to their leaders to distribute the
money
> properly
> > which they rarely do. Which governments are you referring to
that
> we prop up
> > and the people hate us for?
>
> Look, *you* were  the one who brought up the fact
> that we were giving money to Middle  Eastern
> countries:
>
> "What countries do you speak of that we have  brought hell to?
> Afghanistan, or Iraq? Hell was already there long before  we
> set foot there. The rest of the middle eastern countries, we
> have  just poured billions of dollars into either in aid or
> for oil."
>
> As  far as you were concerned, the people should
> be grateful to us for all this  loot rather than
> hating us. That was the context of your  comment.
>
> Wrong, I never said anybody had to be grateful to us  for spending
our  money
> there or giving aid,

That was the implication in context--that they
were wrong to hate us because we were giving them
all this money.

 but your premise that they hate us because we prop up
> their corrupt governments is wrong. The main reason for animosity
for the
> United  States in the middle east is our defense of Israel.

That's another reason.  It's all of a piece, along
with our occupation of Iraq.  That's why it's so
easy for terrorists to recruit members.

 Muslims are hell bent
> on the  destruction of Israel and return of that land to Muslims.
Anybody that