> On May 22, 2007, at 6:41 AM, John Davis wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new to this list, so I hope the following post is
appropriate.
> > It is
> > also somewhat lengthy, for which I apologise - conciseness was
> > never my
> > strong point. But I am in search of a spot of advice, and
wondered
> > if anyone
> > here could help...
> >
> > I learned TM about nine months or so (I know, a newbie!). It
> > appealed to me
> > since whislt I consider myself in a sense spiritual, I am not
> > religious, and
> > TM seemed to offer a non-faith based approach to meditation. And
it
> > has not
> > been entirely without benefit. But since then I have suffered
> > increasingly
> > from insomnia. Not to a dreadful degree, but I'm lucky if I get
> > three hours
> > sleep a night.

Hello John. Small piece of advice: Do not meditate to late in the
evenings, 4 hours before bedtime would be fine. If your insomnia
continues, get your meditation checked.

And whatever you do; never ever listen to the "advice" of this Vaj
fellow. His agenda is to get you confused so you stop your meditation
hoping for you to start buddist-meditation that has done absolutely
nothing for the people of say, Thailand, Burma, Vietnam or Tibet. He
has been doing the same thing here for years.