--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of Richard J. Williams
> Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 10:37 AM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Guru Dev's deathbed instructions to
Maharishi .
> . .
>

> According to Marshy, the thought of going to 'Rameshwarum'
> was suggested by one of the other sadhus at Uttar Kashi -
> it was not Marshy's idea.
>
> The way he told the story (many times) was that he kept having the
thought
> to go to Rameswaram, which puzzled him, because he had no
intention to leave
> Uttar Kashi, since the yogis there regarded everything beyond the
town
> limits as a "sea of mud." After mentioning this thought to a
friend several
> times over a 6 month period, the friend suggested that he "take
care of it,"
> meaning go there and get it out of his system. As we know, he never
> returned.

I always enjoyed that story, not because Maharishi said it
specifically, but because I have heard of others doing this so
often, with interesting results. The most recent example reported on
this board being Turq's decision to move to the Spanish coast. Where
did that come from?? I'll bet it works out well for him.

I recall a time when I was driving from DC to California and took a
risk on finding gas in a small town in eastern Colorado, but the gas
station was closed by the time I arrived at 10PM and I was in the
middle of proverbial nowhere, not enough gas to make it further and
find another station. So I parked in the parking lot of the gas
station and tried to settle down, hoping to fill my tank in the
morning.

Settling down didn't work very well because it was winter, and very
cold once the engine was off. I was looking out at the street and
kept getting the strong feeling to go to a certain house I saw a
couple of blocks away and knock on the door and see if they could
help. From a standpoint of reason it made absolutely no sense. It
was late at night and I had no more chance of success bothering
these strangers than any other choice. I was afraid of the many
possibilities running through my head. And yet, the thought
persisted. So, screwing up my courage, I walked over and knocked on
the door. It turns out the head of the family ran operations for a
grain silo at the edge of town, and they had a gas pump there for
the farm equipment, for which he of all the town's residents, had
the key, and the authority to pump gas. I drove my car to the pump
with him, got enough to get to Denver, paid him, and was on my way.

A perfect example of Maharishi's phrase often repeated, "take it
easy, take it as it comes". :-)